A DPIA should be carried out when new projects are planned, or when planning revisions to existing practices or processes. They should also be flexible enough to allow for changes if the DPIA identifies any privacy issues that need to be addressed at a point in time or in the future.
According to the GDPR, a DPIA should focus on those types of processing operations which are likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons by virtue of their nature, scope, context and purposes. For example:
- a systematic monitoring of a publicly accessible area on a large scale (e.g. CCTV, drones and body-worn devices)
- a systematic and extensive evaluation of personal aspects relating to individuals which is based on automated processing and on which decisions are based that produce legal effects concerning individuals, or similarly significantly affect them (e.g. such as automatic refusal of an online credit application or e-recruiting practices without any human intervention)
- processing on a large scale of special categories of data (e.g. health, religion or ethnic origin) and
- processing on a large scale of personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences.
Your starting point for data compliance and beyond…
If you are just starting your GDPR journey or you’ve already made a start but need to validate your approach, Osprey’s FREE* DPIA tool is the first step to gaining insights into how your organisation collects, stores, uses, transmits, shares and protects personal information.
Osprey DPIA is the smart data solution driven by AI & purpose-built to analyse unstructured data for valuable insights to help:
- manage compliance
- regulatory risk
- develop strategies for cyber risk
- manage intelligent migration projects
- data cleanse
Osprey DPIA takes you through the assessment step-by-step. It allows you to invite multiple users from different departments, teams or projects to input, and includes save and edit functionality, as well as historical tracking & recurring DPIA.
Sign Up to Osprey at www.gravicus.com to access up to 5 FREE* DPIAs
*Subscription fees apply once user exceeds 5 free DPIAs.
Experts in simple, smart data management and compliance software